- I have documents in another system. Can I migrate them to Clio during data migration?
- Migrate Documents and Files to Clio Drive
- Will my migration allow me to bring over documents?
- Import Documents
- Create a folder in Clio Manage and Clio Drive
- Clio Manage
- Clio Desktop App
- Clio Drive
- Clio Documents
- Clio Launcher
Yes, you can migrate your documents and files to Clio Drive during the data migration, but it does present some challenges. We strongly suggest that you wait until after the data migration is completed to move your documents and file to the appropriate folders.
Although documents are not included in Clio's data migration services, there are options to move your documents into Clio Drive. It is important to keep in mind that while the data migration is progressing, your folder system within Clio will not have been set up and synced according to your Contacts and their Matters. Once the data migration is complete, Clio will create a folder system according to your Contacts and their Matters in Clio Manage.
If you have firm files and documents that are not related to Contacts and Matters (such as administrative manuals, firm's policy documents, procedures, and internal memos), you may create a folder in Clio Manage for syncing and ease of sharing within the firm.
If you still wish to move your documents and files from an old system into Clio, there are a few options available:
- If you are using a Placeholder Matter to track your time entries during the data migration, you may use the Placeholder Matter folder in Clio Manage and Clio Drive to move your files from your old system.
- You can create a standalone folder in Clio then move your firm's documents and files after your data migration.
There are a few things to be aware of while you move your files from your old system to Clio Manage and Clio Drive:
- Moving a large amount in bulk may cause the system to freeze. It would be better to move your documents and files in chunks and then move them again to their respective folders.
- Moving your files does create an extra step in the process. It may be prudent to wait until after the data migration is complete unless they are files not related to Contacts and Matters.