- How do I get a Client's ID number to be 001 instead of 002/003 in a Matter number?
- How do I reset Client ID numbers back to 001 when creating a Matter Numbering scheme that includes the Client ID?
- Clio Manage
- When including a Client's ID number in a Matter number, it will assign a 3 digit number based on which order among all the Clients that a Matter was created for said Client.
- Ex. If you had 5 Clients with matters already, the 6th Client to have their first matter created would be assigned the Client ID 006.
Warning - In most cases, this will not be worth it as you would have to delete work already done.
- If you want to reset back to 001, use the following steps:
- Delete all Matters
- Delete all Clients that were attached to those Matters
- Create the Client that you want to be assigned to 001.
- Create the Matter for Client 001.
- Recreate all deleted Clients that you deleted.
- Recreate all Matters.