Online Payment History and Status
This article details how to view the status and history of online payments
Credit Card & eCheck Payment History
To view payments, navigate to a bill and click on the "Online Payments" tab on the left.
Once viewing your Online Payments tab, you will see a list of your credit card and eCheck transactions. A payment will have the "Authorized" status until it has successfully been processed. Authorized payments waiting to be processed can still be voided by clicking on the "Void" quick link.
Alternatively, you can view a complete history of all Transactions on the Online Payments page. The default view is set for you to view All.
Once the payment has been approved, the status will change to "Completed" and can no longer be voided. If required, the payment can be refunded from the "Payments" > "Online Payments" tab of the bill, or the “Online Payments” tab on the left menu.
Understanding Payment Status
The Online Payments tab may show any of the following payment statuses:
- Authorized: The credit card/bank account details have been accepted and the payment is currently being processed
- Completed: The payment has been successfully processed and will be deposited into the relevant bank account (Card transactions 2 business days and eCheck transactions 5-7 business days)
NOTE: Though you may receive a notification in Clio Manage indicating a successful payout, there may be additional wait time for the funds to be deposited into your bank account. This timeframe varies depending on your client's payment method (e.g credit card or eCheck) and the bank that is processing the transaction.
- Failed: The payment details were rejected by the other bank, or something went wrong with the transaction.
- Chargeback: The disputed payment amount has been withdrawn from the firm’s Operating account. This Status is shown under the Online Payments Transactions tab.
- Disputed: A dispute/chargeback has been initiated by the cardholder or account holder and is attached to the original payment transaction. The original transaction is updated to reflect the new status.
- Dispute Won: Funds were successfully reclaimed after a dispute in the firm’s favour (please note, eCheck disputes cannot be contested). The original transaction is updated to reflect the new status.