- Understand the changes to Clio’s licensing documents
- Clio Manage and Clio Grow in all territories.
Subscribers that continue to use Clio Services agree to these terms. Previous versions of these policy documents are attached as PDFs.
EMEA Terms of Service: https://www.clio.com/uk/tos/
- 1(i) added the defined term, "Primary Subscriber" to align with in-app language and features.
- 10.10 was added to provide clarity on the pricing terms of this Agreement.
- §15.6-7 have been renumbered to §§15.7-8.
- 15.6 has been inserted to provide clarity on the variance terms in this Agreement
- 5.3 was altered to include protections for personal information subject to UK GDPR regulation
- 8.2 was altered to include specificity around identity verification before transferring personal information
- 8.4 now includes complaint options for residents of the United Kingdom
- 9.4 has new options where a person may notify third-party advertising services to opt them out of personalized advertising.
Annex 1 & 2 were updated to provide additional specificity about personal information being collected and the uses for that information.
Themis Data Protection Addendum for GDPR Compliance: https://www.clio.com/tos/data-protection-addendum/
- 1.1(b) now includes the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018
- 1.1(h) now refers to the Standard Control Clauses approved by European Commission Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June 2021, and selects Module Two (Controller-to-Processor) as the applicable terms.
- For data subjects in the United Kingdom, the Addendum B.1.0 issued by the ICO and laid before Parliament in accordance with s119A of the Data Protection Act 2018 on 2 February 2022, as it is revised under Section18 of those Mandatory Clauses is now included by reference.
- 1.1(l) is added to define the term “United Kingdom” and “UK"
- 3.2 now includes specific reference to the Standard Contractual Clauses Clause 9(a), Module 2, OPTION 1 authorizing the use of sub-processors by Themis
- 8.1 now includes specific reference to Standard Contractual Clauses Clause 17 OPTION 1 and Clause 18, where parties agree to the laws and courts of Ireland
Themis Authorized Subprocessor: https://www.clio.com/tos/data-protection-addendum/